SSC CGL Notification 2017
The SSC CGL 2017 notification has been out. Please Keep checking this page regularly for more information.
SSC CGL 2017 Important Dates:
- Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 01.08.2017-20.08.2017
- Date of Tier-II: 10.11.2017 & 11.11.2017
- Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): 21.01.2018
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- Feb, 2018
SSC CGL 2017
Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations of Government of India for the selection of candidates for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in various Government departments.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam every year for the selection of suitable candidates in non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the following posts:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2017
This year Staff Selection Commission is going to release a large no of vacancies for the graduates level exam in India. The SSC CGL 2016 had an initial count of 4500 to 5000 vacancies. However, the number of vacancies was increased to 9990+ later.
The expected number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2017 may be more than 30,000, given a slew of hiring in the Income Tax Department.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Dates
Staff Selection Commission has released the tentative schedule for the SSC CGL 2017 exam. The important dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2017 are as follows:
|Application form will be available from||16th May 2017|
|Last date for registration||16th June 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam||1st Aug to 20th Aug 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam||10th-11th November 2017|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam||21st January 2018|
|Skill Test/Computer Skill Test||February 2018|
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Centre
The list of exam centres for SSC CGL Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification on May 16th, 2017.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2017
Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam is conducted by The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the selection of candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. SSC CGL exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. The first two are online exam, the third is descriptive in nature and the fourth is DEST/CPT(Data Entry Speed Test)/(computer proficiency test). DEST is for the post of Tax Assistant and CPT is for the post of CSS (Central Secretariat Services) and MEA (Ministry of External Affairs).
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern
Every year Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) exam in four Tiers. The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
• SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode.
• Descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
• No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2017
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Syllabus:
There will be 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||75 minutes|
• There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks in all sections.
• The duration of exam is 100 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Syllabus:
There will be 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There will be a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2 for each wrong answer.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• For visually handicapped candidates the exam duration will be 2 Hours and 40 Minutes.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus:
This is a (DES)descriptive exam and is conducted offline. Candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. This exam is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for the candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus:
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): For Assistant in CSS and MEA
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax).
Requirement: 8000 key depression per hour, that is 2000 key depression per 15 minutes.
Relaxation: VH Candidates will be allowed 20 minutes.
SSC CGL 2017 Eligibility Criteria
There are 4 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL 2017. The 4 parameters are given below:
1. Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
2. Age Limit: There are different set of age limits for different posts in SSC CGL Exam 2017, which are tabulated below:
|Required Age Limit||SSC CGL Post Name|
|20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer
Sub-Inspector (Group “B”)
|21-27 years||Intelligence Bureau Assistant Post|
|20-30 years||Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector of Central Excise
Inspector (Preventive officer)
Upper Division Clerk
Inspector (CBN) Compiler
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Sub-Inspector (CBN) Inspector of Posts
|Not exceeding 30 years||Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Enforcement Officer7
|Up to 32 years||Statistical Investigator Gr. II|
|18-25 years||Sub-Inspector (Group “C”)|
|3||PH + Gen||10 years|
|4||PH + OBC||13 years|
|5||PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post for SSC CGL 2017 and is listed below:
|SSC CGL Post||Educational Qualification|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University
Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost &
Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/
Masters in Business Studies
|Statistical Investigator Grade – II Post||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with minimum 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as
one of the subjects in graduation
|Compiler Posts||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University
with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as
compulsory or Elective Subject
|All Other Posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a
recognized University or equivalent
4. Physical Fitness Requirements: Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL 2017 Online Application
Online Application will be available Once Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release its official notification on 16th May 2017 for SSC CGL exam . The last date to apply online is 16th June 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Application Fee
• The required application fee is Rs. 100/- except female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates.
• Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online.
SSC CGL Admit Card 2017
The admit card for SSC CGL 2017 will be available after the release of the official notification . Candidates are advised to keep checking this website regularly.
Every candidate will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC.
SSC CGL Results 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the results in four stages after completion of each Tier Exam. Candidates can check the result from official SSC CGL website as and when the results are announced.
SSC CGL Cut Off:
SSC CGL 2016 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
SSC CGL 2016 TIER- 2 Cut-Off:
SSC CGL 2015 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
|Cut off Marks||102.25||89.5||80.25||74.25||69||50||20||67.75||—|
SSC CGL Answer Key 2017
The official answer key of the SSC CGL Tier-1 exam will be released by Staff Selection Commission within 10 to 15 days of the successful completion of Tier-1 exam.