IBPS PO 2017
IBPS PO is one of the most favourite jobs in Banking industry and a dream job for millions of candidates across India. Here is the complete details of IBPS PO 2017 Exam.
IBPS PO Notification 2017
IBPS has announced tentative calendar for IBPS Exams 2017. IBPS PO 2017 official notification will be released in the month of July 2017 as per tentative calendar of IBPS. This recruitment process is for selection of eligible aspirants for the post of Probationary officer in different public sector banks except SBI. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India. Please keep checking this website for more information.
IBPS PO Vacancy 2017
IBPS will release IBPS PO vacancies with its official notification in the month of July 2017. Last year there was 9456 vacancy.
IBPS PO Salary
Approximate salary of bank PO is 35k – 40k and it may vary bank to bank.
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the IBPS PO 2017 exam is as follows:
|1||Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminarys||02nd, 8thth, 14th and 15th
|2||Conduct of Online Examination – Main||26th November 2017|
|3||Declaration of Final Result||1st April 2018|
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Centre
While filling the online application for the post of IBPS PO, candidates are required to select their preferred exam centres for IBPS PO 2017, based on their convenience. However, the Bank may allot an other exam centre than the choices made by a candidate if there is non-availability of seats at preferred venues.
IBPS PO Recruitment 2017
IBPS PO recruitment exam is considered a little difficult compared to the other bank entrance exams conducted by IBPS. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cut off score for each section of objective test separately for short listing for the Interview. The recruitment process for Probationary Officers at IBPS consists of 3 stages:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
IBPS PO 2017 Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO recruitment process consists of 3 stages as follows. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase I: IBPS PO 2017 Preliminary Examination:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
Phase II : IBPS PO 2017 Mains Examination:
IBPS Mains exam will contain 200 questions of 200 marks and time allotted will be 140 minutes. The pattern of the Mains exam is given below:
|Sr.No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|2||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||40 minutes|
(with special reference to Banking Industry)
|5||Computer Knowledge||20||20||10 minutes|
Important Note – Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main examination will be considered for Interview and final merit list.
Important Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answers in both Preliminary and Main Examination.
Phase III : IBPS PO 2017 Interview:
The total marks of Interview are 100. The qualifying marks in interview is 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates). The weightage (ratio) of CWE (Main exam) and interview for final merit list will be 80:20 respectively.
IBPS PO 2017 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Paragraph Based Questions ( Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement)
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument)
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)
- Banking and Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Govt. Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- History and Generation of Computers
- Introduction to Computer Organisation
- Computer Memory
- Computer Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Software
- Computer Languages
- Operating System
- Computer Network
- MS Office Suit and Short cut keys
- Basics of DBMS
- Number System and Conversions
- Computer and Network Security
IBPS PO 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the IBPS PO Exam 2017:
• Age Limit: The candidate must be 20 Years to 30 Years. The final age criteria for IBPS PO Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification.
• Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate should have passed in English as one of the subjects at SSC/ HSC/Intermediate/ Graduation level.
IBPS PO 2017 Online Application
The online application for IBPS 2017 exam will be open for registration after the release of the official notification by IBPS.
IBPS PO 2017 Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for IBPS PO online application is given below:
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
IBPS PO 2017 Admit Card & Call Letter
The admit card for IBPS PO 2017 exam will be available after the release of the official notification . Candidates are advised to keep checking this website regularly. Every candidate will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of IBPS.
The admit card or call letter for IBPS PO 2017 will be issued in 3 phases:
• Online Preliminary Examination
• Online Mains Examination
The link to download the admit card will be provided on this website. Candidates are advised to check the details on the admit card before downloading.
IBPS PO 2017 Results
IBPS will release the results in three stages after completion of each stage. Candidates can check the result from official IBPS website as and when the results are announced.
IBPS PO Cut off
IBPS PO Pre Exam Cut off 2016:
|English||Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||Total|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Cut off 2016:
|Sr.No.||Name of the Test||Maximum
|SC/ST/ OBC/ PWD||General|
|Category||Cut-offs on Total (Out of 200)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||41.75|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||31.50|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||52.50|
|Hearing Impaired (HI)||37.00|
|Visually Impaired (VI)||37.50|
IBPS PO FAQs
• Is the IBPS PO exam Bilingual?
Except English Test, all the other tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi
• Is there Negative Marking?
Yes, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the objective tests of both Preliminary and Mains Exam of IBPS PO 2017.
• Are there fixed timings for different sections?
Not in Prelims, Yes in Mains