IBPS Clerk 2017
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) Conducts Common Written Exam (CWE) for Clerical Cadre Posts in different Public Sector banks and financial Institution. A large number of candidates take part in the IBPS Clerical Exam conducted by the IBPS.
IBPS Clerk Notification 2017
IBPS has announced tentative calendar for IBPS Exams 2017. IBPS Clerk 2017 official notification will be released in the month of August 2017 as per tentative calendar of IBPS. This recruitment process is for selection of eligible aspirants for the post of clerk in different public sector banks except SBI. Please keep checking this website for more information.
IBPS Clerk Vacancy 2017
IBPS will release IBPS Clerk vacancies with its official notification in the month of August 2017. Last year there was 22711 vacancy.
IBPS Clerk Salary
Approximate salary of bank Clerk is 22k – 25k and it may vary bank to bank.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule for the IBPS Clerk 2017 exam is as follows:
|1||Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminarys||02.12.2017, 03.12.2017, 3.12.2017 & 10.12.2017|
|2||Conduct of Online Examination – Main||21.01.2018|
|3||Declaration of Final Result||1st April 2018|
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam Centre
While filling the online application for the post of IBPS Clerk, candidates are required to select their preferred exam centres for IBPS Clerk 2017. However, the Bank may allot an other exam centre than the choices made by a candidate if there is non-availability of seats at preferred venues.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017
IBPS Clerk recruitment exam is considered a little simple compared to the other bank entrance exams conducted by IBPS. Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cut off score for each section of objective test separately in pre exam for short listing for the Main Exam. The recruitment process for IBPS Clerk consists of 2 stages:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
IBPS Clerk 2017 Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk recruitment process consists of 2 stages as follows. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase I: IBPS Clerk 2017 Preliminary Examination:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 Hour|
The marks obtained in the Preliminary examination is just of qualifing nature for mains exam.
Phase II : IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains Examination:
IBPS Mains exam will contain 200 questions of 200 marks and time allotted will be 135 minutes. The pattern of the Mains exam is given below:
|Sr.No.||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|2||English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||40||50||30 minutes|
|4||General Awareness(with special reference to Banking Industry)||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Computer Knowledge||40||20||20 minutes|
Important Note – Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main examination will be considered for final merit list.
Important Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answers in both Preliminary and Main Examination.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Syllabus
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Errors
- Vocabulary based questions
- Sentence Improvement
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Paragraph Based Questions ( Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement)
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relation
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument)
- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)
- Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)
- Banking and Insurance Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Govt. Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static Awareness
- History and Generation of Computers
- Introduction to Computer Organisation
- Computer Memory
- Computer Hardware and I/O Devices
- Computer Software
- Computer Languages
- Operating System
- Computer Network
- MS Office Suit and Short cut keys
- Basics of DBMS
- Number System and Conversions
- Computer and Network Security
IBPS Clerk 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the IBPS Clerk Exam 2017:
• Age Limit: The candidate must be 20 Years to 28 Years. The final age criteria for IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 will be released along with the official notification.
• Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate should have passed in English as one of the subjects at SSC/ HSC/Intermediate/ Graduation level.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Online Application
The online application for IBPS Clerk 2017 exam will be open for registration after the release of the official notification by IBPS.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Application Fee
The category wise fee structure for IBPS Clerk online application is given below:
|Sr. No.||Category||Application Fee|
|1||SC/ST/PWD||Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2||General and Others||Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
IBPS Clerk 2017 Admit Card & Call Letter
The admit card for IBPS Clerk 2017 exam will be available after the release of the official notification . Candidates are advised to keep checking this website regularly. Every candidate will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of IBPS.
The admit card or call letter for IBPS Clerk 2017 will be issued in 2 phases:
• Online Preliminary Examination
• Online Mains Examination
The link to download the admit card will be provided on this website. Candidates are advised to check the details on the admit card before downloading.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Results
IBPS will release the results in two stages after completion of each stage. Candidates can check the result from official IBPS website as and when the results are announced.
IBPS Clerk Cut off 2016:
FINAL CUT OFF:
|Andaman & Nicobar||NA||20.03||31.22||36.97|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||NA||NA||NA||33.94|
|Daman & Diu||NA||NA||NA||30.60|
|Jammu & Kashmir||35.41||27.07||29.16||40.28|
IBPS Clerk FAQs
• Is the IBPS Clerk exam Bilingual?
Except English Test, all the other tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi
• Is there Negative Marking?
Yes, there is negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the objective tests of both Preliminary and Mains Exam of IBPS Clerk 2017.
• Are there fixed timings for different sections?
Not in Prelims, Yes in Mains